Alabama Marriage License

Call and we can get your Alabama beach wedding started.alabama marriage license
Orange Beach and Gulf Shores marriage license office
220 Courthouse Square
Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
(251) 937-0260, (251) 943-5061
Monday through Friday
between the hours of 8 and 3.
Arrive no later than 2:30pm.
This office is closed on weekends and holidays.
● The fee for an Alabama marriage license  is $40 in most areas.
●  An Alabama marriage license can be obtained from any county courthouse in the state of Alabama.
●You can get married anywhere in Alabama once the marriage license has been obtained.
●You must get an Alabama marriage license to get married in Alabama. You can not bring a marriage license from another state and use it in Alabama.
● A marriage license is valid in Alabama for 30 days from the date it is issued.
● Photo ID is required of both bride and groom. ID must be current, not expired.  An expired identification will not be granted a marriage license.
● The identification required to purchase a marriage incense is a state drivers license, state ID card, military ID or passport is acceptable. Only one form of identification is necessary.
● Both bride and groom must be present when applying for the license.
● Bride and groom must be 18 years of age and bring their social security card with them.
● If you have been married before you will need to know the exact date of your divorce.
● In the state of Alabama you may not apply for a license within 60 days after your divorce was granted unless you are remarrying your former spouse.
We will need to see your marriage license before the ceremony.
We will need to know where you purchased your marriage license because it must be filed at the location you purchased it from.
Most offices provide a return envelope for mailing the marriage license back to the office.
If you wish, you may file it yourself after it has been signed by the officiant performing the ceremony.